What are some tips for wearing complete dentures?
Obtaining new full dentures can be a daunting experience for many. Replacing all teeth in the dental arch with a denture can seem incredibly foreign and uncomfortable. Drs. Munira Lokhandwala, Maryum Tariq, and Richard Yai of StarBrite Dental in Dublin, California, encourage patients to ask about tips for wearing and caring for complete cosmetic dentures.
- Practice speaking. Wearing complete cosmetic dentures can take some getting used to, especially when it comes to speaking clearly. Practice speaking with your new dentures in place so that you can improve your speech with time, avoiding discomfort or slurring of words
- Start with soft foods. When first wearing complete cosmetic dentures, it is best to stick to softer foods that are easier to chew and will not put too much pressure on your complete dentures. Gradually introduce harder and more challenging foods as you become more comfortable with them
- Clean your dentures each day. Like natural teeth, complete cosmetic dentures require regular cleaning to maintain appearance and functionality. Be sure to clean your dentures every day with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive denture cleaner to remove any food particles
- Soak your dentures overnight. It is critical that you give your mouth a break from wearing dentures at night. Remove your dentures before you go to bed, and soak them overnight in a denture-cleaning solution. This will not only keep them clean but also help in maintaining their shape and preventing them from drying out
- Visit your dentist. Continue visiting your dentist for regular check-ups, even with complete cosmetic dentures, and be sure to bring them to each appointment. Our team at StarBrite Dental can make any necessary adjustments or repairs to ensure the best fit and comfort for your dentures. They also check for any potential issues or concerns with your oral health
Where can I obtain dentures near me?
If you are considering complete dentures and are worried about comfort, fit, and function, our team can ease your mind! Call (925) 828-0252 to request a visit at our office, located at 7197 Village Parkway, Suite B.
Share this Article
Dr. Munira Lokhandwala takes pride in ensuring quality service, and her precision and attention to detail can be seen with all her patients. In addition, to being a skilled and qualified dentist, Dr. Munira has a pleasant and friendly attitude and warmly welcomes anyone to StarBrite Dental - Dublin for dental assistance.