Dental implant procedure explained by Dublin, CA area dentist
Are you dealing with missing teeth? Are you struggling with ill-fitting dentures or bridges? Are you ready to have a replacement option that looks and feels like natural teeth? You are not alone! Dublin, CA area patients who are unhappy with their tooth replacement option may want to speak to the team of professionals at Starbrite Dental of Dublin, CA to learn more about a solution called the dental implant.
What is a dental implant?
Our dentist at Starbrite Dental, Dr. Munira Lokhandwala, describes the dental implant as a tooth root replacement made of a metal called titanium. Titanium is biocompatible with the body and can integrate into the jawbone to act as the foundation for another restoration. The procedure to place a dental implant requires oral surgery but ensures a long-lasting solution for patients.
What is involved in the dental implant procedure?
- Patients are screened and evaluated to determine if they are an appropriate candidate for the dental implant.
- Patients schedule an oral surgery procedure, during which the dental implant is placed into the bone of the jaw.
- Time is allowed for the process of osseointegration to occur, during which the implant is fused to the jawbone with bone growth.
- Once the implant is firmly in place within a few weeks, Dr. Munira Lokhandwala will then restore the dental implant with a crown, bridge, or denture.
- With proper care and attention, patients can maintain their dental implants for a lifetime, ensuring the best possible tooth replacement option for their lifestyle.
Who is a candidate?
Candidates for dental implants are patients who are free from decay and disease and have sufficient bone in the jaw for successful placement.
Learn more about the dental implant procedure today
If you are interested in having dental implants placed or restored with the help of our dental team, make an appointment with Dr. Munira Lokhandwala today. At Starbrite Dental, we are committed to offering our patients ways to enhance their smile and restore their teeth with a variety of options. We encourage patients in and around the area of Dublin, CA to request a visit with our team by calling (925) 828-0252 and visiting our state-of-the-art facility at 7197 Village Parkway, Suite B.Back to Dental Implants Page
Experienced dentists, Dr. Munira Lokhandwala, Dr. Maryum Tariq, and Dr. Susan Chen, specialize in both general and cosmetic dentistry. The rest of our team consists of Amy -Patient Coordinator, Alka - AP, Dental assistants Marisol and Cayla, and the office manager Janice.