Advantages of Six Month Smiles vs. Traditional Braces in Dublin, CA dental practice
At StarBrite Dental, patients who are dealing with a misaligned smile may be unsure of the options available to them for restoring their appearance. Dr. Munira Lokhandwala and her team are here to walk patients through the process of treatments available for misaligned teeth and offer solutions such as Six Month Smiles. Patients considering treatment can learn about the advantages of Six Month Smiles vs. traditional braces.
What is Six Month Smiles?
Six Month Smiles is a revolutionary way for patients to address mild to moderate misalignment of the anterior (front) teeth. This treatment allows fast and effective repositioning with clear brackets and tooth-colored wires that are far less noticeable than traditional braces. Dr. Munira Lokhandwala can advise patients as to the pros and cons of treatment.
Six Month Smiles vs. traditional braces
There are many considerations when it comes to deciding if patients are right for Six Month Smiles.
- Six Month Smiles can be used for patients who do not have poor bite alignment and are seeking a more cosmetic approach to the misalignment of the front teeth. For some of our patients who have more severe misalignment, traditional braces may still be more appropriate.
- Six Month Smiles has tooth-colored wires and clear brackets, which are far less noticeable than traditional metal brackets and wires.
- Six Month Smiles treatment is faster than traditional braces. Many of our patients find that treatment times can be anywhere from four months to ten months, depending on the severity of misalignment.
- Six Month Smiles can be affordable for most of our patients, and at StarBrite Dental, we are proud to offer payment plans and special financing options to make treatment more attainable than ever!
- Six Month Smiles can be done with the help of dentist patients already know and trust. No referrals to specialists. Dr. Munira Lokhandwala is proud to be able to integrate orthodontic treatment into routine appointments for our patients. In fact, most of our patients can completely change their smile between cleanings!
Who is a candidate?
To use Six Month Smiles, patients must have mild to moderate misalignment of the teeth or gaps between their front teeth. These minor imperfections are quickly and easily addressed using this method. However, some patients who do not meet the specifications for Six Month Smiles may still need a referral to a Dublin, CA area orthodontist who can provide them with traditional treatments. Sometimes, conventional methods are still the best for patients with specific dental needs.
How do I care for my smile with Six Month Smiles?
Patients who have Six Month Smiles will need to take great care in maintaining their oral health throughout treatment. Brackets and wires can make it difficult to brush and floss, so patients need to spend extra time ensuring they reach all the areas of the smile to remove food particles as well as plaque and tartar. Dr. Munira Lokhandwala will provide patients with special floss that can be easily maneuvered between the teeth through the wires. When patients maintain their oral health and wellness throughout their orthodontic treatment, they can reduce the risk of developing serious problems such as cavities and periodontal disease.
What if my bite is poorly aligned?
When patients have poor bite alignments, such as crossbite, overbite, or underbite, they may need different services than a patient with proper bite alignment seeking cosmetic orthodontics. Bite alignment cannot be achieved with Six Month Smiles because this system focuses on the “social six” near the front of the mouth. Traditional braces, or even alternatives such as clear aligner trays, may be used instead of bite alignment.
Want to learn more about Six Month Smiles?
Dr. Munira Lokhandwala of StarBrite Dental in Dublin, CA assists men and women in determining if they can benefit from orthodontic treatment with Six Month Smiles. Contact the practice today to book a consultation appointment by calling (925) 828-0252 and visit at 7197 Village Parkway, Suite B. We welcome new patients into our practice for comprehensive care and attention by our dedicated staff.Back to Six Month Smiles Page