What are the differences in good and bad dentures with Dublin area dentist?
Many factors can be involved in determining if a patient has good quality dentures or bad quality dentures. At StarBrite Dental in Dublin, CA, we work hard to ensure our patients have access to the restorations that fit their needs and provide them years of tooth replacement. If you are considering dentures and want to learn more about the differences between good dentures vs. bad dentures, we welcome you to book an appointment at our facility to discuss your options.
What types of dentures are available?
Drs. Munira Lokhandwala and Maryum Tariq at StarBrite Dental are excited to provide different denture options for patients. Not everyone’s situation is the same, and this unique need results in a customized, tailored experience for their dental health. Given below are just a few of the types of dentures available with our team:
- Partial denture – a partial denture replaces one or more teeth in the dental arch. It uses a metal appliance that is fitted to the patient’s smile. It is removable and replaces missing teeth with false teeth. Patients remove the dentures every night and properly care and clean them to extend their longevity.
- Full denture – a complete denture is the type of denture patients think of when they imagine their grandparent’s denture. It is an entire arch of teeth with false acrylic gums held in place with denture adhesives. The full denture takes some time to adjust to but is an economical way of replacing the entire smile.
- Implant-retained dentures –implant-retained dentures are dentures that utilize dental implants along the arch to keep them in place, ensuring optimum fit and function.
What is a good denture vs. a bad denture?
There are several things to note about bad or low-quality dentures. These dentures:
- Look unnatural, with acrylic teeth and gums that do not look right or match the patient’s existing smile.
- Do not fit properly, which can cause rubbing and irritation on the gums that can lead to sores and discomfort.
- It may be impossible to adjust to because of their poor fit and function.
- They are not made to last very long and may break or damage due to the poor-quality materials used.
Where do I learn more about dentures?
Drs. Munira Lokhandwala and Maryum Tariq of StarBrite Dental are committed to providing the best possible care for patients in and around the area of Dublin, California. If you are looking for a team that can educate you on the benefits of dentures and provide you with the quality appliances you deserve, contact the practice today. Call (925) 828-0252 to request an appointment with our team at 7197 Village Parkway, Suite B in Dublin. We are always open to new and established patients in our practice and provide a second location in the Fremont, California, area for optimum convenience to our patients and families.Back to Dentures Page
Dr. Munira Lokhandwala takes pride in ensuring quality service, and her precision and attention to detail can be seen with all her patients. In addition, to being a skilled and qualified dentist, Dr. Munira has a pleasant and friendly attitude and warmly welcomes anyone to StarBrite Dental - Dublin for dental assistance.